Flashy Foxy's application

Flashy Foxy's application

Hello!

I hereby apply for The Elders ofAgon. I came across you guys while browsing the forums. At that moment I was considering resubbing (I have played for a few months on several characters) and I was checking into the game. After a while I decided to do resub. I concluded that my best bet is to apply here, as I'm looking for a mature, serious (but also fun!) clan.

I would describe myself as a mediocre player (at least when I left the game). Even though I'm a soft talker, my social/communication skills are good and I like to call myself a good follower. I have installed Mumble just now and I have a microphone and headphones.

My character is called Flashy Foxy (really old username) and is relatively weak (although I do have a start in lesser magic, greater magic, polearms, archery and some gathering and crafting skills). I am desperately in need of a place to live in, as I am currently an evil mirdain :whistling: (am hoping you guys got a place).

I guess I'll also share something about myself. My real name is Steve. 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm a 2nd year student in Computer Science at my local university. In my spare time I like to play games, watch movies and series and do sports (lots of them actually: judo, mountainbiking, snowboarding and weekly: rowing).

I believe that's all the information you'll need for now. I look forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Btw, there's been some confusion about my name. I've started a new character (named Zypp). In mumble/chat you may call me Zypp or Steve, whichever you prefer. (started a new char because my old one had -20 alignment, had low stats and needed to be in the capital city for vitality quests).
    Welcome to the clan! Nice to see that you've already started hanging in the mumble, that's a great way to get to know everyone. =)
    Also great for asking questions and getting quick answers in case we don't monitor the chat.

Hope you will enjoy the game with us, as much as we do!
    Forever learning
    (started a new char because my old one had -20 alignment, had low stats and needed to be in the capital city for vitality quests)

bad idea, rllly bad one ;) first fuck alignment, you dont need it and you will have -alignment anyways when fighting along our sides in sieges and stuff.
    Also when you have one rlly good fight were killing a few enemies in law areas it will take days and thousands of gold to get plus alignment again.

second, fuck all quests, especially the vit/strength whatnot quests, theyre useless, you can gain way more stats by using the offline meditation system, wich consumes gold.
    Ask me ingame for dungeon runs and we will get the money for your meditation.

Since you started a new char you should think about race pros and cons and ofc what you like to play in RP terms. To live in NPC citys where noone is wil be very boring after a few days, theres nothing you rlly need in those citys or any offers that cant be fullfilled by our player citys.

To reroll in DF is almost everytime a bad idea but its not that taff anymore when you know how to gain alot of gold for meditation.
    When you heading to have a strong fighter char, wich is the only that can be used in a clan unlike crafters or mob hunters, you want to make a shitload of money to only spend it on meditation ;)

always ask when you have questions ;)
    Leaderboard

1 Weird Earb 435 <------he got me, just a matter of time XD
    2 Denioz VanValdenburg 345
    3 Jiron 330
    4 sindur 305
    5 Fisk 305
    6 Fayt 285
    7 Azmoodeus 265
    8 wilbyjones 265
    9 Landogar 165
    10 Hate 160
    Actually, I have a question. I read here that meditation gain for skills is variable (scaling way up as you approach 100). Now, assuming that it scales the same way for character stats, wouldn't it be much better to meditate to 88 vitality and jump to 100 using the vitality quests? I don't even know how much money it costs to meditate and if I can ever make enough money to meditate to 88. Assuming I can though, those last 12 points would be about 20 times as valuable as the first 12. Any thoughts on this theory anyone?
    well when you do the quest then you get a achivment and you can activate by going to the journal, so if you do the quest and you have 30 vitality then you will get 36 vitality when you have activated the achivment. and you can still take away the achivment so you only got 30 vitality agein. So no it wont matter if you are 98 vitality and do the quest or if you are 30 vitality and do the quest
    Why should someone read the text? stop it before i stop you! :)
    best way to lvl you char is to play during the day work on your other skills like GS/daggers. Then with the gold you make you lvl your lesser magic to 50 then greater magic to 50. When you have done that meditate vit to 50 and quickness to 50,strength 50 etc. When you have done that I think you will know what to lvl next yourself :)
    IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]

Zypp schrieb:

Actually, I have a question. I read here that meditation gain for skills is variable (scaling way up as you approach 100). Now, assuming that it scales the same way for character stats, wouldn't it be much better to meditate to 88 vitality and jump to 100 using the vitality quests? I don't even know how much money it costs to meditate and if I can ever make enough money to meditate to 88. Assuming I can though, those last 12 points would be about 20 times as valuable as the first 12. Any thoughts on this theory anyone?

Actually you are right, the first vit points arent that valuable then the last, since you will need more time to gain a statpoint when coming close to 100.
    Although it doesnt rlly matter when are you doing the quest, it adds the stats no matter how far you reached.
    But maybe you could do better monsters to gain more money to be able to meditate longer ;)
    Leaderboard

1 Weird Earb 435 <------he got me, just a matter of time XD
    2 Denioz VanValdenburg 345
    3 Jiron 330
    4 sindur 305
    5 Fisk 305
    6 Fayt 285
    7 Azmoodeus 265
    8 wilbyjones 265
    9 Landogar 165
    10 Hate 160