Air elementalist

Air elementalist

darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3428

In today’s video, narrated by Darkfall’s lead writer, Al Stellakis, we present the Air School of the Elementalist Role.

As is apparent in the video, Air Elementalists are masters of wind and lightning. Summoning thunder and fierce winds they are able to keep attackers from getting within striking range. This alone makes them truly formidable on the field and a force to be reckoned with.

The opposing school to air is earth, and thus Air elementalists cannot choose that as their second school.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i-jN-XNeTQE

The Air Elementalists skills are the following:
      Attunement to Air – Embrace the Storm. This buff increases your lightning protection and anybody attacking you will receive a large percentage of their damage returned.
      Thunderbolt – A rapid firing, short range spell to deal damage and fling an enemy away!
      Lightning Bolt -A searing bolt of lightning that will plow through everyone in line of sight! Those hit will also be temporarily blinded.
      Tornado – You are the eye of the storm. The buffeting winds that surround you will damage enemies and fling them about like dry leaves.
      Static Field (Ultimate) – Channel the power of lightning through every pore of your being. All who make the mistake of being within melee range will suffer damage over time and anyone who strikes you in melee will see their damage returned! (You will also still receive the melee damage however).

Thanks for watching and stay tuned for our next vid!
      so Air is anti melee, thats interesting.

but I dont see a problem :P

just send in the warrior thats immune to dmg(ulti) and has dmg return + magic shield :)

p.s: though it only has 2 spells to do ranged dmg with so...though that lighning thing looked spammable.
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]

Reidar Beck schrieb:

I agree that elementalists will have a hard time against Pathfinders and Warriors. I'm hoping that the two other elementalist roles will be better

You also gotta remember that this isn't a solo game. I doubt the classes will ever be equally powerful in 1v1. Another thing is that we don't know how the damage dealt will compare to that of warriors/skirmishers.

There will be imbalances, just like you're fearing. There is always imbalances in all class MMOs. As far as I know, the only thing we can hope for is some patching this time, and some changes every now and then to switch things up a bit.
      Forever learning