Blogspot 2nd of September

Blogspot 2nd of September

Original by TASOS: (from darkfallonline.com/blog/update-september-2/)

We noticed that there was some anticipation building up to the end of last month having to do with an ETA for Darkfall’s relaunch. We had previously mentioned that we would know more around this time. We’re in a better position to estimate but we haven’t concluded our discussions with our partners yet. Also, there are positive developments after the GDC which need a lot of consideration. Our goal is to have a smooth launch without problems for our players. Having learned from Darkfall’s first launch, we know there are numerous factors to consider. We’ll keep you updated on all our developments.

As far as the wipe or no wipe debate within the community, we are looking at ways to satisfy both sides. We respect our playerbase and our long-time active players and our relaunch is not meant to destroy the current game, but extend it. In the meanwhile, if it’s any indication, we’ve been investing heavily in the current game with the siege expansion.

Regarding the Siege expansion, we’re still working on it. As we’ve explained previously this is a system we’re bringing back from the new version of the game and it’s a complete rewrite. We “trashed” the old system and did something new. We created a system to create siege systems that is completely configurable. This has been a lot of work. We had to develop it, test, configure the system, test everything, reconfigure, test, merge it with the current game which has been very difficult, test again etc. It’s a huge undertaking and we wouldn’t be doing this if we didn’t care about the state of the current game. At the moment it’s undergoing heavy final testing which, if all goes as planned, should be concluded early next week. We understand this is taking a long time but it also brings a lot to the game.

We have a video for you today. It’s important to understand that some things you see in these videos are from the new version, others are placeholders from the current functionality. Consider this something like an alpha version:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP9YA2xBNsM[media]

Quelle: darkfallonline.com/blog/update-september-2/
      Captain JAMES T. KIRK
      I´M SORRY, I CAN´T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND HOW AWESOME I AM.

Meine Webcomicseite: simplicity.roamers.de/
      I will be happy about comments!
      Translated:
      We havnt decided anything further regarding DF 2.

But here is a cool video.

P.S: seems like they are moving on...just have to wait until next friday and hope for the best.

PP.S: THe way Tasos face is using the word 'expansion' is scaring me. Am refering to the 'Siege expansion' witch is no more then a patch... could be called the Siege patch but 'expansion' :) xD
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]