January 27th Blog Update

January 27th Blog Update

The sprint meetings took place the last couple of days and the teams have their work assignments for the next three weeks.

In addition to the new features we’ve announced that are going in Darkfall 2.0, we’re also introducing new paths for character and clan progression, based on many gameplay activities including PvP and clan warfare. We don’t want to go into more details at this time but these are significant and exciting changes to the way the game is played because they add more purpose to player freedom. Right now, teams are working on the many parameters of these new features.

The art team is finishing up a lot of work in progress, wrapping up armors and robes, and completing a lot of monster animations. The graphics engine programmers are updating game shaders and adding environmental effects.

The world builders are on the NPC cities, having finished with Human and Ork areas, they are now working on the Mahirim. Other tasks include dungeon lighting as well as tweaking and adding props. A dedicated artist has been assigned to the world building team to help them with custom work that they may require.

Introductory dungeons are being added to the game, the places where new players will start the game from. This is part of the effort to make the starting experience a bit smoother than Darkfall players are used to. The starting dungeons will allow new players to get accustomed to the controls and their characters. Starting area protections have been increased so new players have the opportunity to figure things out without being harassed. Other than these starting areas, the rest of the world is lawless.

Another issue that we felt needed to be addressed is the downtime from the moment you are killed until you can rejoin the battle. Darkfall is a PvP game and we do want to make sure that the experience is fun and satisfying just as it is ruthless and intense. A task for the following three weeks is to explore alternatives to player respawn at their bind stone. We should have more information about this once the current sprint cycle is concluded.

Another task has to do with laying down the foundations of a new market system where players are able to sell and buy any item in the game. Trading will be upgraded in Darkfall 2.0. This is still in the initial implementation phase and there are still quite a few things to consider but we can say that players will have a limited amount of slots that they will be able to use for placing both buy and sell orders for any item in the game.

There’s a lot more going on than the above, but they’ve already been covered in previous updates. This sums up our development activities for the next 3 weeks.

Other than development we are working on human resources and filling up some much needed positions to improve the team composition. We spoke of this in our last update, since then we have been very fortunate to have attracted some excellent prospects. We hope to have more on this very soon.

Thank you for reading.
      Captain JAMES T. KIRK
      I´M SORRY, I CAN´T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND HOW AWESOME I AM.

Meine Webcomicseite: simplicity.roamers.de/
      I will be happy about comments!
      Well the problem with dying is not really the respawn location but the much time it needs to regear, I mean the time to compile a set together, if this time is invested right after dead or in advance by having ready bags prepared doesn't really matter. Some filter & search features for inventory/bank would help a lot there.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Landogar“ ()

Landogar schrieb:

Well the problem with dying is not really the respawn location but the much time it needs to regear, I mean the time to compile a set together, if this time is invested right after dead or in advance by having ready bags prepared doesn't really matter. Some filter & search features for inventory/bank would help a lot there.

Or just a market that works really well. The worst part currently is that you are almost forced to make everything for yourself
      Full loot is kool, but I think they should do something similar to Eve.

So that when you die/gank'd you dont drop everything... I mean you died so "something" must have broken for you to die right?! That sword did cut you in two before it cut your armor...

p.s: and here can thier Infamus (noever implememnted soon to be) salvage system come in to play, salvage the the destroyed/damaged item (get some of the mats). The rest of the stuff get droped like now...

pp.s: sounds like work aka to much for av to implement before 2018.
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]