February 17 Update

February 17 Update

Our sprint was concluded today and progress has been made on the tasks we spoke about in the previous updates. The teams will have their individual meetings on Monday to decide on the tasks for the next 3 weeks. We will provide an update next week to present the teams sprint goals.

There was a lot of heated discussion on the Limbo state feature this week and we would like to thank you for all the feedback. We will keep you up to date with any developments on this.

Apart from the sprint tasks we had announced, there was also work done on the new GUI. We are working on redesigning the whole GUI visually but most importantly functionality wise. Some initial mock ups have been created and we are happy with the new direction. While functionality is still in the preliminary design stages, we can say that we are aiming for a much less intrusive GUI that will be context sensitive and highly customizable. You will be able to have a different set of shortcuts, be it in a hot bar or hot keys, depending on what you have equipped to make sure that everything you need is there but what you don’t does not get in the way. We are also exploring alternative ways to switch between weapons, spells and abilities to the standard hot bar.

While on the subject of the GUI, this past week we also held a series of meetings and discussions about the chat system. The new chat system of Darkfall 2.0 will offer more flexibility and customization while at the same time being less intrusive and more user friendly.

Our graphics engine programmers are also working on deferred lighting which will allow us to use unlimited numbers of lights in the world without affecting performance. This means spell projectiles can have proper lights and the world can be lighted essentially without limitations. Once this is implemented we will be sure to provide some screen shots.

We’ll follow-up on the new sprint cycle in next week’s update.

Thank you for reading.

Original link: darkfallonline.com/blog/february-17-update/
      Comment on the new GUI: "Some initial mock ups have been created and we are happy with the new direction"

So GUI-wise they are still at some mockups, that means that DF2.0 won't be out until somewhere next year. There is just too much that is still in their initial phases that they have no chance in making it this year
      well charachters are done, and I think they will get most of their "ideas" ready by summer to atleast testing phase.

Didt they show us videos of reworked areas etc etc awhile back ?

new engine ? they making a new one ? Streatchin a bit ? ?? Question mark

p.s:" Engine related work having to do with animation system improvements, network code, normal mapping, tools, etc."

is the only entry I can find about anything engine related, and atm it looks like AV is working 100 times thier usual rate...
      so I guess they are "fixin" animation's and optimizing the networkthey prob should do this alot :) aka delay fix :(

pp.s: Though prob their main issue is that I think they lost a few key members over the years, maybe they are back I dunno. We will just have to wait and see like we have done for the last 3 years.

ppp.s: They are not gona make a new engine, no time or moneys I think for that.

pppp.s: Oh yeah the list goes on :) Though if AV remotly reads the forums they can get alot of good (and bad) ideas. AS I see it df 2 just needs more "stuff" and a bit more polish then df 1 did, and it will be Good.

The only thing that can make me not want to play this game is that if that Limbo system gets implemented and it just makes the game feel dumb'd down to "battlegrounds" with instant revive/gear. But I hope AV sees the "posts" on the forums and addresses this issue like they seemed to "say" in the last update that they would "talk" more about it in the next update.

Though realy I could type all day on this issue...

So what am trying to say is that they have basicly done all the "work" for what to be in df2 and not (sure hope so had 2 years to think and plan), though they have yet to do any of it I would guess, well except for new character models of all the races and some new mobs etc and areas (redesignes). But they ahvnt done anywork on animations, Magic balancing or any balancing regarding any of the should I call it "archtypes" (meele,archery,magic). Nor have they done any work on the new GUI or the new Player experience. And I guess with the new player expirince maybe we get a new aligment system. Then they prob gona do something about travel (portals gone ? ), mounts, ships etc.

but I hope they manage to make a good gui, if they have mockups they should atleast have the functionality down and how they want it to look (if it isnt drawn by dolly duck on a sheet of paper), if you add that and new character models and whatever else they have done I think there could be a closed beta during the summer, but that is realy dependant on how many devs they have working for now and how streamlined their development processes have become.

/end rambeling

short:
      AV should have allready done alot of work, like new models for players, redisigned areas (maybe this was the dungeon update cant be sure .P) made some new dungeons and monsters etc, but they have way to go yet. Though I said closed beta durring the summer, that is if they have any features that need testing (like GUI, new player expirience etc) then AV would benefit from feedback. Though they could acomplish this by simply having a test server with the newst build they want tested by players... Though I guess its not realy done that for "not released" games.

Though in my opinion not having a test server for new features or other stuff is just plain stupid.
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Jiron“ ()