An US-Yankee in Athena

An US-Yankee in Athena

Original von LORD RIGGS Quelle: forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=292822&page=3

Totally forgot to do this write up... sorry everyone.

Was told by clannies to check out the thread since it was *bumped*

Ok here goes... (this will be kinda long)

So I own a game publishing company, called Eden Studios (edenstudios.net). I make card games and pen and paper roleplaying games (like Dungeons & Dragons) for the last 15 years. Many of you who have been my clanmates know this. Anyways, I was in Greece in June/July for a family wedding. My parents own a house in southern Greece near Pylos, which is like 3 hours south of Athens. I wanted to stay in Athens the first few days so that I could visit AVs HQ but when we arrived their was the riots you all heard about. So I pushed back our stay in Athens until the last few days we were there.

So I had emailed AV before I left for Greece asking if I could have a meeting with Tasos because Im interested in having my company make a card game and possibly a pen and paper RPG based on Darkfall. My company is working on a fantasy PVP card game and instead of creating an original world concept for it I thought we could license Darkfall and place it in the Agon setting. I figure this would be a fun project for my guys to work on and it would be free advertising for the Darkfall MMO. So when I arrived in Greece I still hadn't heard from anyone from AV about setting up an appointment.

So since I was running out of time while in Athens, my wife wanted to do a bunch of site-seeing - and you can't blame her, we were near AVs offices one day. So I took my boys (Theo & Dimitri who are 15 & 12) and we walked to their offices from the Athens shopping mall we were at - which was like a 30 minute walk in 85 degree weather (lol).

We arrived at AV's offices to be greeted by a fenced gate. Since I couldn't launch over the gates (didn't have any regs on me)... so we buzzed the door. Much to my surprise they let us in.

No regs to hop the gates

I explained to the receptionist who I was and that I would like to meet with Tasos in regards to my company wanting to make a game based on Darkfall. They told me Tasos was out of the office due to a death in the family. Needless to say I was sad about this, but apparently he had called back and said he was on his way so they let us in and brought us upstairs to wait for him to show up.

Calling Tasos

The staff was very friendly yo my kids and me while we waited outside Tasos' office. Once he showed up I introduced myself and he asked if we had an appointment. I explained that I had tried to email but hadn't heard a reply and that I was in the area so we stopped by. I discussed with him for a while what my company produces and the possibility of Eden Studios making a Darkfall cardgame/RPG. He seemed very interested in the idea. So I had to ask some questions about Darkfall.

Now please understand I can't divulge a lot of the information we talked about. But I was pretty excited about what he had mentioned about the changes and direction they are going with with Darkfall 2.0.

After spending about an hour or so talking with Tasos - he had taken us around the rest of the building to show how Darkfall is made. Many of the staff was out of the office that day, Tasos had said. But here are are few photos my kids took while we were walking around:

One of the artists working on worldbuilding

One of the artists showed us a dungeon they were working on

Darkfall Customer Service

Darkfall artists

Darkfall team at work

Tasos' Office

Lobby Posters

So then Tasos handed my boys and me 3 copies of the retail boxes of Darkfall (which they thought was really cool of him) and called us a cab so we can head back to meet my wife and daughter at the Acropolis. While waiting for the cab, he asked if I still played and on what server and what clan we were in.

Needless to say, I was impressed with the direction they are taking Darkfall and am willing to invest in Darkfall with my own company. So for all you nay sayers - just play they game. They are a small company - much like my own company - and are just trying to make the best game that they want to make.

So some of you who know me in game know that I also own a comic book and game store (my other business) - so here is my card game developer and a few customers who we get to playtest our games - here we are working on an prototype version of the the Darkfall Card Game so that we I have something more solid to show Tasos:

Whew.
      Captain JAMES T. KIRK
      I´M SORRY, I CAN´T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND HOW AWESOME I AM.

Meine Webcomicseite: simplicity.roamers.de/
      I will be happy about comments!
      Good to see that they arent rusing to finished Df 2.0 :)

but...costumer service could use a Upgrade ! look liked that just sacked 4 ppl, only screens but no comp connected.

Othere then that, TASOS YOU GREEK GEEKY CHEKY BASTARD OF GREECE !

Gief moar NEWS !

That is all.
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]