Update April 20th 2012 (recources removed out of cities)

Update April 20th 2012 (recources removed out of cities)

TASOS schrieb:

Since the blog is down, along with other parts of our web presence for upgrading and updates, we'll post today's update here. First I'd like to say that we have signed an agreement with our Korean partner to co-develop a project to-be-announced. We'll share more news about this in good time, in the meanwhile our main focus is getting Darkfall 2.0 out.

Some Darkfall 2.0 development news on resource gathering, many thanks to Vangelis for collecting and writing up this information:

In Darkfall 2.0 we look at resource gathering as an activity, a marketing opportunity, a risk versus reward mechanic and most importantly, a driving force behind territory control.
      As an activity, harvesting resources in an efficient way, had previously been quite repetitive, without much challenge and a down time activity for the most part.
      Marketing wise, trading in resources was quite difficult and there were no opportunities to profit from fluctuating prices and the like.

The risk vs. reward aspect of resource gathering was also somewhat skewed as nodes would share the same loot tables no matter in how dangerous an area they were. As a result there was not much reason to fight over resources and in turn fight over areas in which specific resources where more bountiful than others.

All this is changing and below we will describe all the available methods of obtaining resources as well as the philosophy behind these changes. There are also some things we have discussed internally but we would like your feedback on.

The first and simplest way to gather resources is by picking up the appropriate tool and harvesting a resource node. Nothing much to say here apart from the fact that we are considering making resource nodes have different loot tables depending on how dangerous an area they are in. By that logic, resource nodes closer to an NPC city drop less rare materials than ones that are further away.

The second way to gather resources is harvesting clan holding resource nodes such as mines, groves, farms etc. In this instance, we are considering moving there nodes outside of the holdings and placing them in nearby villages. This serves two purposes. First, it creates an extra PvP hotspot for small to medium groups. Also, the idea is for the node to serve as an indication to what type of resources the village offers.

This brings us to the next way to harvest resources which is capturing a village. Villages will provide resources to the clan that has captured them but not all types of resources. The clan resource node, as we mentioned above, will indicate the type of resources a specific village will provide to its owner. If there is a mine, the owning clan will receive ore and so on. We are also considering the possibility of nodes other than mines providing infused materials so that villages with mines are not the only ones that are sought after. For example, a village with a grove would provide, apart from normal wood, the rare variants as well.

Moving on to resource monoliths which we have already discussed, we would just like to note that the philosophy is to provide players interested in PvP with a viable way of providing their clan or themselves with resources, while doing what they enjoy most in the game. Sea Fortresses also serve the same purpose.

Finally, various monsters carry various types of resources. There are of course very rare resources that can be found only on monsters such as Dragon scales.

It is our belief that this system, along with other driving forces in the game, will create a lot of meaningful and relentless conflicts as well as prompt cooperation, adding a new dimension to gameplay.

Thank you for reading.
      yap ! been talking abou this for ages...

but moving them to villages ? that I dunno...

just sounds like a shift from city to village..sea villages mine please :P

maybe namlit becomes kool then since there is a hamlet with a mine just north of it :P

on a side not I`d like it more of they moved The mines and stuff in to the landscape around holdins that make sense. mines "in a mountain" or at the foot or something etc...

but this is darkfall, not supposed to make snese I guess.
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]
      indeed, darkfall atm is just pvp for pvp, whitch turns boring fast for me.

on the other hand pvp for say a city or defending a city is fun for me, like whise I expect pvp for resources to be very entertaining since that is what we did in the good old days (ganking miners etc! :P)

Bring it ON Darkfall 2 !

Regards,
      Jiron the scout
      IT IS LIKELY THAT SOMETHING UNLIKELY WILL HAPPEN

[expander]Click me for info[/expander]
      here was my suggestions from january (sended to , to Kjetil Helland and Claus)

and yes it is baaaaadass english

Lord Econ 13January via Facebook schrieb:

Hello ..... here is a suggestion for the monolite system (can maybe

help for your pool of ideas and you dont need to answer but reading

would be cool )

In the Update of the 23-December, AV spoke about the new feature of

Monolites. I love the Idea of them and have another suggestion.

Remove the ressources of Stones,Iron,Timber,Farm out of every

PlayerCity and small Hamlets (only Hamlets can have a farm ( a part for

small clans to produce food ).

Arround every PlayerCity (include Hamlets) and NPC City should be these different types of Monolites.

The Monolits should be in old dwarfen mines (iron) and TimberJackBarracks (timber) on CornFields (farm) and so on.

The Monolits shoud be sametime a mark of territory control for clans.

Is an enemy arround these area a message should be there that clanmember can react.

So Cities became then only a factor to be a Headquarter and not only anymore a ressource incoming spot for a clan.

A captured Monolite could "ticket" ressources to the city/hamlet or

NPC/ChaosCity where the Clan live in. But should only capture monolites

on step by step modus.. means..

a clan has a city, he hast to go out to capture the monolite next to city and then he can capture the next

one and the next. so they can raise the territory with this modus. every 1 or 2 hours or 4 hours these monolites are free to captured for the clan who exists in the area (chaoscities,hamlets,npc cities,playercities) so this become than to permanent border War between the important Points
      of Ressources.

Thats for the daily buisiness

Decide another clan to start a real war against one of in this area

living clans the political factor increase because clan need ressources

to defeat their cities.

With the remove of ressources out of

the cities the people have to go out into the open world if they want to

have some, and dont sit anymore in easy mode in their own cities and

harvest semi afk the important ressources what they need to built up the

cities and wonders etc.

another idea...

I am a friend

of local banks, but people need more features that they can transport

their items to another point. Like service with ships mules supported

by players.. Interior of Player Banks cant touched by other player when

they use a system tool to do that but this needs more time to bring it

to another point. Or they decide to use the service of players but this

is a payable service.. in point of local wars

Fisk schrieb:

Maybe you should join the dev team, seems as though they like your ideas ;)

its because our team from dfo.eu talk with the team since the razorwax times ~ 2006 i should ..but who can me guarantee that i get my money early in the month and this the next 10 years ? (remember we talk about greece, and greek ENDBOSSES in AV)